Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Where to begin...

So, where to begin this song? Seems like it's been going on in my head for a long time, but I haven't been able to let it out. Often over the past few months, I've found I have things I want to say, need to say, but am afraid to say out loud for fear that they'll come out sounding melodramatic or just plain cheesy. With everything that's happened - the cycts, the surgery, Glen's accident, and now with our little miracle coming - there are days when I want to shout everything from the rooftops, but how? Feelings so strong or strange or small or scared. In particular, my faith has gone through so much and grown so much, but who among my friends can I talk to who understand or are ready to follow that kind of journey with me? I've always been a writer, of course, but daily diaries seem to fail lately and poetry only comes in small moments that are quickly lost. That's where this blog comes in. It's definitely not the way I normally write, but maybe for now this is a good thing, this separation from writer and audience. I can come and go and add tidbits without being afraid of how they'll sound. And if you want to read and share, or comment, you can. Or you can enter quietly and leave even more gently, without disturbing our peace. At least my voice will be out there, and maybe some of it will linger on your hearts. Or better still, it will linger long enough in this place - some place - to be passed to our baby girl. I hope...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you...an ocean away but able to be there...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home