Thursday, January 26, 2006

true love


I just want to say how much I love being pregnant! Despite aches, pains, worries, whatever - I have had some of the happiest moments I ever imagined in the last four months. They don't have to be long or even particularly unusual circumstances - they're just moments that stand out that I hope I can remember and pass on.

This morning on the way to work turned out to be one of them. I like to have sing time with her while we drive. Usually it's Jimmy Buffet, who I think is a perfect storyteller, but today I put on a CD we made for our wedding. (I know what some of you are thinking - Jimmy Buffet as a children's storyteller? He's NOT all Margaritaville and drinking songs - in fact, if you really listen to his music, he's mostly not. Try listening to "Jolly Mon" like we do!) Anyway, today it was Faith Hill, James Taylor, Dave Matthews. So far she definitely seems to like Dave Matthews, especially "Crush". Seems like she always gives her little thumps during that song, and today was no exeption. I had it on and was singing along, came around a turn and there was nothing but open road ahead of me, with the sun coming up straight ahead, silhouetted by these two historic towers and beautiful trees. The sun was a stunning orange-gold, bright but not blinding, and I was just filled with this feeling of such perfection, such love - and sure enough, thump, thump. Sing, thump. A duet? I'm sure there are some who would say it's only coincidence because I ate right before getting in the car or something, but there's no doubting the love that went through me. I'm sure she feels that, whether you want to call it chemical or spiritual, and she knows that she's loved. Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home