Saturday, September 08, 2012

The trouble with dinner

On the surface, it looks like a perfectly normal dinner:

meatloaf, baked potato, peas.

Simple, traditional.  But underneath, here is what it really is:

meatloaf, baked potato, smiley fries (because Emma and Alex don't eat baked potato or even mashed potato), mozarella pieces (because none of the kids will eat the meatloaf and they have to have some form of protein), and pasta (because Elisabeth won't eat any form of potato, but they had pasta for lunch so I don't want to feed everyone pasta but if I don't make it Elisabeth will have peas and mozarella for dinner and will be hungry later).  Oh yeah, and Glen doesn't really like peas but if I cook the wax beans or the broccoli that I also have in the fridge, Elisabeth will only have pasta and mozzarella and Alex and Emma will only have fried potatoes and mozarella...

Good old meatloaf.

And I suppose as long as we are paying homage to dinner, we should remember lunch, which was a nice homemade chili for Glen and I but leftover pasta for the girls because they don't like chili.  And Alex spilled hers and needed a second serving made.

I am having a cookie before dinner.  It just seems like a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home