Sunday, January 04, 2015

Bathroom Break

Emma is always asking for stories about me as a child.  I figure it's only fair to save some of her own...

This morning, budding chemist Emma is working on her hypothesis which goes something like "it is possible to create a mountain on top of water without there being a mountain under the water."  OK, so.  How, you might ask?  She is pouring spices on top of water in a bowl.  Chili powder, basil, pepper flakes, God only knows what else.  Somewhere in there she realized that salt and sugar do not float...  All hurrahs, she achieves a a small spice mountain on top of the water.

Meanwhile, I reach the end of my ability to wait, and ask her if she will be OK if I go to the bathroom.  Foolish mortal.  Amateur.  Rookie, even.

I enjoy possibly a full 30 seconds of peaceful bliss.  It might even have been a whole minute, then...

No, Thorin, bad puppy!  Bad!  Stop!

So much for peace.  Moving as fast as one can move, I get back in there to discover the puppy has grabbed the paper underneath the bowl... underneath the water...  underneath the mountain...  And now the puppy is licking up spice water from the floor, from the chair, from the table...  To her credit, she did try to clean it up, although she did find herself sitting under the drip from the table.

God bless my baby chemist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home