Monday, January 30, 2006

The perfect man



Well, OK, not always *perfect*, but then again neither am I! But I did want to go on the record here saying how very much I appreciate and love my husband, and now more than ever. I'm sure I don't say it enough to him, but these past couple months especially he's been very sweet. I don't think he completely understands everything I'm going through with the hormones and aches and pains and the million emotions I have that change about every two seconds. And I'm sure he wonders what creature has possessed his wife when I start sobbing because I just dumped an entire pot of mac and cheese on the floor, as if it's the end of the world (and I might starve to death waiting for another pot to boil). But still, I notice the little things he's doing for me (or us), like setting up the dog gates so I don't have to step over a gate AND the top step every time, or holding my hand to walk me over icy or rough spots, or working with Hugger to stop her from jumping and to make sure she doesn't mind getting tugged and pulled and poked from every angle. Even as I'm annoyed because he won't let me get my steak half raw like I want it, I feel misty and warm over the fact that he won't let me. I suppose I could spend a long time listing the little things here, many of which probably wouldn't interest anyone but me, but I just wanted to say I know he's doing them for me, and I love him all the more for it. I know he thinks that I am obsessed with all things baby, which is probably true (and who wouldn't be when you are getting poked gently or just plain jabbed several times and hour???), but I am trying to share as much of this experience as I can. And I'm also trying to still just be me, the woman he married and who still loves him with all her heart.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home