Thursday, February 02, 2006

Nice day

Having a nice day so far today. Started with a good laugh with my husband over the fact that I now have to sit down to get on my nylons and boots in the mornings. Can't quite seem to bend at the waist around the little one-pounder, and maybe not quite as coordinated as I used to be... I suppose that means the day is coming when I'll also have to ask him to help me with those boots. That's a scary thought! Truth be told, she feels like a lead brick sitting at the bottom of my belly today, but I mean that in the most affectionate way possible! Then again, I never knew a lead brick to kick this way... Also had lots of people today commenting (sweetly) that I definitely look pregnant now. I think it's mostly the dress I'm wearing, which is a lighter material in honor of the 50-degree weather we're enjoying, and also has an empire waist with a sortof of obvious line of demarcation at the top of the belly. Still, makes me feel all rosy to hear people say I really look it now, without that polite (unspoken) question of am I really pregnant, or have I just (heavens) let myself go... Guess the idea is to enjoy this now, because I can't imaine how big I'll be in 4 months! I keep reading people describe late pregnancy as being like a "ship in full sail". Not entirely sure what that means, but sounds vaguely ominous, no?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home