Monday, February 05, 2007

weaning

In response to a good friend asking how the weaning is going...

Good and spectacularly bad. More good though. I have to say, the hardest thing is not her so much as me. If I am "tough" and manage to get through her crying to a peaceful night, I feel guilty for her suffering. If I give in and put her back to the breast - which immediately brings peace and comfort for her, and usually wet snuffles as she calms down - then I feel like a failure. The result is that nothing about breast feeding is just plain old good anymore. There's just so much pressure to wean - both from me and from everyone else around me. And yet, there's this tiny voice inside that wonders if I am truly ready for this (might it not be easier if I were 100% committed?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home