Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Thoughts from Lockdown - March 20

As we continue on this strange lockdown journey, I realize I do want to capture some of the things I have been thinking and feeling.  I tried to keep a journal (didn't everyone at the beginning?), but after a few pages there it sits...  But my online life has been going along, so I thought I would steal bits of it to record here.  This one is part of an email to Linda C., a friend from my church Gladwyne Presbyterian.  It is written on March 20, about 5 days in...

We are staying pretty much home except for groceries.  Glen's practice, for better or worse, is closed right now except for some very limited hours for emergencies and non-elective things.  On the flip side, he is the Task Force Lead for the dermatology group that owns his practice, and with that he has been running ragged.  Apparently he is working from home, but I hardly ever see him!  We are thankful to be together, most of the time :)))  The girls are settling into life with Flexible Schooling.  A few hiccups here and there, but I have to say I am really proud of how well they did this first week.  The first few days were rough because school didn't start till Wednesday and there was alot of anxiety about what that would look like, but once it came they did much better.  They have even been working ahead and today they were all done with all their work by noon.   It's definitely way more screen time than I prefer, but since screen time now includes school time and their entire social lives, I guess we'll have to give a little there.  

I am frustrated with the fact that I am still plagued with a nagging cough, which means I am definitely absolutely stuck home.  Today I made it all the way through the grocery store, got in line, and coughed.  People literally backed away and the couple behind me pulled out gloves.  I am so used to being the helper, this is making me sad.  But the girls and I are working to be creative and build some kindness time into our day.  It helps all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home