Sunday, March 16, 2008

My little light

Tonight I was sharing a few moments of quiet with Elisabeth. After the hectic days and the constant search to find balance in giving time and attention to both my daughters, it's always nice to have a few moments with just her at the end of the day. After a little sponge bath, we were just sitting on the bed. I was rubbing her tummy the way she seems to love, and her eyes were getting heavy and content. A song came on that I'd never heard before, "Give Me Jesus." "Give me Jesus, give me Jesus, you can have all this world, but give me Jesus." Vince Gill was singing, and it struck my heart immediately and I raised my voice up. But then I thought, what if Elisabeth is included in this world? And Emma? Would that mean you can have all this world and them too? I'm not sure I could really mean that. I try to trust with all my heart, but I don't know if I could be strong enough to let them go if I didn't think I would find them again, their light and love. Could I really live without their smiles and the feel of their breath in my neck, their arms around me, their smiles? I like to think God forgives this question...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that's such a real question. asked myself it many times, including the necessary imagination that goes along with it. asking it does help me remember to live one day at a time :). that alone is a gift I think.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home