Monday, February 04, 2008

Big girl bed!

For two nights in a row now, Emma has slept in her BIG GIRL BED! I'm so proud and excited. Several weeks ago we finally (after much drama and unforeseen construction issues) got her new big girl room ready and painted. She helped me move in her toys and clothes, and for about two weeks we've done everything except sleep in there. After two weekends of procrastination where Dad and I were too tired to make the attempt and too worried that we would be up all night with her, we finally took a deep breath and just did it. And she was great! The first night she did wake up a couple times, but not any more than she has in general lately, and I just found her sitting on her bed. After a few calming moments that were actually much easier on me since I could sit next to her instead of picking her up, she went back to sleep. The first morning she slept an hour later than usual, and we woke to her calling (not crying) for Mommy and Daddy and knocking on her door. Lst night, she slept all the way through, not a peep till after we were already up and showered. Of course, since I wake up anyway, I've checked on her a couple of times each night, and she's been sprawled apparently happily with doggy and this funky Ikea alligator roll that we have between her and the edge of the bed. Since we have an extra matress on the floor next to the bed, there's really no worry about if she falls out, but so far she seems to be managing well. My big girl! I thought this would be such a big deal, but after all the worry, she handled it like everything else. Guess I either need to give her or myself more credit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home