Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Thoughts on Easter Vigil April 10

Good morning all!

As we approach vigil, I am looking at this new version of computer vigil.  I see we have no lack of volunteers again despite the strangeness!  For sure it won't be the same, but there is one bright side for me: for the first time Emma and Lissy get to participate.  They both signed up for middle of the night slots.  And yet there is this question: what does it mean to hold vigil by a computer?  To keep the company of a candle which is far away in a room we cannot fully see?

For me keeping vigil means being with Jesus, sharing the burden and the joy in a completely intimate way.  Sitting with him through the darkness and the light, both present and full.  Keeping watch with him knowing what is to come, and knowing also what is to come is not the end.  I think that I will light a candle here too, just because I want that real light, but I know that wherever we are and wherever the candle is, He will be with each of us.

I wondered if anyone would be willing to share some thoughts about what vigil means for them?  And if it's different for you this year?

Love,
Karin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home