Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Emma kisses


Our baby has learned how to kiss! Well, sortof, in her own Emma way. See, I think we spent too many months kissing her and then looking at her in mock surprise. Since her newborn vision wasn't so clear, what she mostly saw was mommy's face getting really close, and then the big open-mouthed surprise and smile afterward. So now when you go to kiss her, she opens her mouth really wide, sometimes drooling just for extra effect, smiling like crazy. And these last couple of days - she kisses us! As with everything she does, so amazing and cute. As I stand her on my lap, she reaches out her little hands for my face, leans forward, and sticks her wide open mouth against my face somewhere in the vicinity of my mouth. Lips, chin, cheeks - all have now been given slobbery wet wonderful kisses, followed by more wonderful smiles and giggles. God I love this kid! And she does it to Daddy too. Granted, I had to explain to him what it was, since it doesn't exactly look like we expect, but once he got it he was just glowing. She also gave him a hug the other day - really put her arms around both sides of his neck and leaned in. And last night, as we were walking up the stairs, she started laughing at him over my shoulder. I have no idea why, but she was laughing like a little lunatic, so of course both of us were laughing too and beaming with parental pride. Emma laughs. Emma kisses. These are the moments I hope we remember...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home