Tuesday, February 20, 2007

first sick

So, we've officially been sick now. All of us. What started out as Emma catching a cold and stomach flu from daycare went through the household in a most nasty way, in one end and out the other! In hindsight, after watching Emma throw up for a full week, I suspect that my bad hamburger was really just the flu too. A few nights later, the au pair came down with the same thing, and even Glen had some tense moments of tummy rumblings that thankfully subsided. Three out of my five staff have been out sick with it, and my boss has a horrible cold/flu thing that does not involve throwing up (the only one of us, apparently), but which nevertheless has laid him low for a week too. Talk about an education for Emma's immune system. Why does it still seem weird to me that we should catch something from her? I know she's just a small person, but she seems to tiny to me to be able to get me sick. Obviously, though, perfectly capable, as I work out this lingering cough...

We started daycare again today. It felt like starting all over again, and I cried again, and she wailed. Not helped by my irrational guilt over the fact that she got sick and I'm leaving her there again... The ladies all remembered us though, and they welcomed her back, and when I went to peek in the window at her at lunchtime I saw her happily sitting and rocking in a chair eating (or perhaps refusing to eat) her oatmeal. Lord please keep her safe, and help me be stronger in the mornings so I'm not upsetting her with my own silly antics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home