Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pink Snowsuit and moonboots

Every once in awhile I see a little girl, and it just moves me to think how Emma will be that way someday too.

The other day, I was walking to work, frowning over another sick night and impatient to get to my Starbucks hot chocolate, when I noticed a "couple" ahead of me. It was a man and a little girl, maybe 2-3 years old. She was stomping along in pink moonboots, her oversized pink snowsuit swishing as he carefully watched her climb up and over the piles of snow at each curb. She was concentrating so hard to get over each one without help, arms out, up, down, and then back to clomp clomp clomp on the sidewalks. It was just so sweet and there was so much easy love as he watched over her. I couldn't help but think of Emmy and her someday pair of little moonboots...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home